Regular Meditation (open to the public)
Saturday Mornings 8:30 - 9:45
Tuesday Evenings 7:00 - 8:15
The First Unitarian Universalist Church
93 W. Weisheimer
Columbus, OH 43214 [map]
Meditation is usually held in the Fellowship Hall, but it may be held in the Worship Center or some other room, depending on conditions. Volunteers arrive early to set up the room. Look for the shoes in the hall.
- Two 25 minute periods of Zazen (sitting meditation) with five minutes of Kinhin (walking meditation) in between.
- A short Zen service follows, with chants and a reading.
- Zafu (Cushions), Zabuton (Mats) and chairs are available for use.
- Please try to arrive 10 minutes prior to the session to settle without hurry.
- It is permissible to enter quietly after zazen has begun.
- If you have not previously sat in Zen Meditation, you are encouraged to attend the Introduction to Zazen class being offered twice monthly (see schedule below).
- For further information about our practice, please see our orientation page.
- If you are not a member of ZCS, donations for supplies and facilities are greatly appreciated
Introduction to Zazen (no charge)
Second Saturday of each month, 8:30 - 10:00 am.
Fourth Tuesday of each month, 7:00 - 8:30 pm.
A brief overview and introduction to Zen meditation will be given. Posture, breath, and meditation hall etiquette will be described. We will also do our best to answer any questions. Cushions and mats will be provided.
Coffee and taped dharma talk and discussion
4th Saturday of each month after regular meditation
Regional Extended Sits (not organized by ZCS)
Yellow Spring Dharma Center - Alternate months. Check schedule
Please contact webmaster to report problems with the site.